There were the days of books and paper when offices had files stacked one on top of the other. Then, came the computer, now you had megabytes, gigabytes and terabytes for storing data; so all you needed was digital space. But that wasn’t the end of it- enter the era of cloud computing, where all your data, online bookkeeping, contracts, payroll data, everything, is safer stored way up in the digital cloud. Now the question, why do you, a small business owner, care about cloud computing? Simply because this technology make your business flourish. How? Let’s find out.
- Greater Efficiency– Save time and resources with cloud based technology. All your data will be available instantly to authorized personnel. You will not have spent time sending or checking data; everyone has access to the same data, whether you are an online bookkeeping company or a retail store. You can also save money otherwise spent on third party service providers. You get to work paper and clutter free; all this increases your efficiency as well as that of your employees and business.
- 24/7 Access– No matter where you are, or what time of the day, you, your clients and employees can access data when necessary without having to depend on anyone to send it over. Saves time and energy and everyone is happy.
- More Flexibility– When you are running a small business, you have so much to do; in fact, you may even be managing the whole thing yourself. Whatever your method of working, you need flexibility- the flexibility to work from home if needed for yourself and your employees, the flexibility to work out of office when travelling or at meetings. Cloud computing can give you that- greater flexibility for you and your team.
- Don’t Fear Losing Data– With cloud computing, you need not worry that you will lose data if your PC, laptop or phone is lost, damaged or stolen. Your data will be safe and secure on the cloud. You can also rest assured that viruses on your electronic devices will not corrupt your data.
- Access to Service Providers– Thanks to cloud computing, you can also outsource non- core business tasks like online bookkeeping, payroll and HR, and keep track of everything with ease on the cloud.
Cloud technology is here to stay and it has a whole lot of benefits. It can make your life a lot easier and manageable, so make the best of it.