Have you been neglecting your bookkeeping? Do you avoid your books because the thought of checking the numbers scares you?
Well you are not alone. Most business owners decide to handle the bookkeeping and accounting themselves so that they can always be involved in the day to day handling of their business. Unfortunately more often than not, their bookkeeping turns out to be much more than they wagered for and they don’t know what to do about it. So what now? Get a bookkeeper. Seriously, whether you want to take care of your books yourself or have a trusted employee handle it, a bookkeeper or a client bookkeeping solutions firm can help.
A bookkeeper can help you figure out the best bookkeeping and accounting system for your business. He can set it up for you and teach you how to use it. Once you have figured out how to work it, you can turn to your bookkeeper only when you need help. Plus you have someone to ensure that your books are up-to-date and accurate. Maintaining accurate books is important for business.
Most business owners don’t know where to start when it comes to bookkeeping. A client bookkeeping solutions will be able to help you get started and figure things out like tracking invoices, taxes etc. And besides let’s face it, despite all your best intentions you don’t have the time to devote to your books. Your business needs your complete attention. In your hurry to keep your books updated, you may get things wrong thereby compromising accuracy which can be damaging in the long run. It is in your best interests to let the professionals take care of things. A client bookkeeping solutions firm will be able to give your books and accounts the attention it deserves and ensure that it is always up-to-date and accurate. All this will leave you to focus on your business and let it flourish; isn’t that what you would like?
With your books in a mess, you finally decided that it is time for you to hire a bookkeeper or invest in client bookkeeping solutions. But it is scary; to hand over control of your finances, records and accounts to someone else, no matter how trustworthy, is nothing short of terrifying. You should be terrified, because this is not a decision to be taken lightly. We understand how difficult this transition is for you; which is why we will help you understand what to expect of a bookkeeper.
- More Involvement in the Bookkeeping Process– A good and honest bookkeeper understands that no one knows your business better than you, so he will keep you involved and informed at all times. Together, the both of you can figure out what makes your business tick and how to keep it going.
- Organized Finances– Bookkeepers thrive on organization; if they were not organized, they would never be able to make things work. Not only will your bookkeeper, in-house or client bookkeeping solutions, keep your books neat and updated, they will also expect you to send them data on time and accurately.
- Grow your Business– It goes without saying that hiring a bookkeeper will save you time, which you can devote to your business. With more attention from you, your business will thrive.
- Taxes Will Be a Breeze– The good thing about investing in client bookkeeping solutions services is that you will have access to a number of bookkeepers, accountants, tax specialists and more. So come tax season you won’t have anything to worry about.
- Save Money– Sure outsourcing bookkeeping or hiring a bookkeeper isn’t free, but a professional will be able to spot areas you are overspending in, provide you with information about business trends and insights and make wise business decisions. All this results in you saving company money.
Virtually everything is “virtual” today, well, at least most- virtual bookkeeper, virtual counsellor, virtual teacher- all the “virtual-s” have made life quite easy for all involved. Now we have another “virtual”- virtual assistant. Virtual assistant, or VA, refers to a self- employed individual who provides clients with administrative, technical or creative assistance from a remote location, mostly for small businesses like restaurants, client bookkeeping solutions companies etc. VA’s are becoming increasingly popular, why? Simply because your VA can take care of all the regular, time consuming administrative tasks, while you focus on the business. If you are running a small business, that is steadily growing, you should consider investing in a virtual assistant.
- VA’s are Contract Employees– This means that you don’t have to worry about all the things that go with using a regular employee or even involve your client bookkeeping solutions provider, and the best part, you don’t have to worry about keeping the VA occupied for a full work day.
- VA’s Can Help You Clear Your To-Do List– Reply to emails, send out invoices, make appointments, dealing with client bookkeeping solutions and payroll providers- small business owners dread seeing these tasks on their to- do list. A virtual assistant can handle all these dreaded tasks for you. Let your virtual assistant take care of the administrative tasks, which means you have more time to focus on your business, reaching out to clients and generating more income.
- VA’s Can Help Streamline Your System– VA’s, by virtue of their job description, mostly have experience working with many systems and generally have a good idea of what works and what doesn’t. If you think your system falls short or doesn’t meet expectations, hire a VA specifically with experience in systems. A fresh pair of eyes and experienced hands can work wonders for your business.
While a virtual assistant is technically a great idea, it is not for everyone. Thoroughly research your options before hiring a VA. Make sure the decision works for you and your business; if it does, it can make a great difference to your business.
Okay, so you have finally decided that you are going to outsource your bookkeeping and accounting. You have even decided who you are going to hire, but the next question is when- when do you hand over your accounts, what is the best time to let the bookkeeper take over your books? Well, if that is where you are, we have some suggestions.
- Start of the Year– This is the logical choice- a new year, new beginning plus it is also the best time to get your CPA and client bookkeeping solutions provider to work together and ensure that everything is in order.
- End of the Month– While the beginning of the year is preferred, very few businesses have the opportunity to do so; the next best choice is the end of the current month. By the end of the month, your bank accounts are reconciled, your monthly reports are ready and your books are updated (ideal situation, of course), making it the best time for a new bookkeeper or client bookkeeping solutions provider to take over. It will make things easier for you and your bookkeeper.
- As Quickly As Possible If Your Current Bookkeeper Gave Notice or If You Are Unhappy With Your Current Bookkeeper– This situation calls for immediate action. You need a bookkeeper in as soon as possible so that your current bookkeeper can take care of the handover, so your new bookkeeper is ready to get things going at the earliest and your business doesn’t suffer.
While there is a good time to switch, there is technically no bad time to switch. All businesses are moving to client bookkeeping solutions because of the convenience, efficiency and because they are cheaper than using in- house bookkeepers. So if you want to change, now is as good time as any.